Anacortes Home Education Partnership PTO
Anacortes Home Education Partnership PTO / Cap Sante PTO
The AHEP PTO (and Cap Sante PTO) is a 501(c)(3) organization assisting Anacortes students, faculty, and staff meet the educational needs of local area home-schooled and alternatively schooled students. It provides a structure through which students can have educational and classroom opportunities they might not be able to have educating alone. The AHEP PTO organizes classes, classroom materials, teachers, and field trips which can be attended by local-area home-schooled and alternatively schooled students. Furthermore, links are provided to external providers of educational resources which can be used by these students as well.
Visit us on FACEBOOK - "Anacortes Home Education Partnership PTO"!!
Resources and UPCOMING EVENTS!!
AHEP PTO has a group on Google Groups at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ahep-pto. You can view old minutes and take part in discussions with other homeschoolers. Cap Sante PTO has its own group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/capsantepto. There is a public Google calendar you can add of the below events called the "Cap Sante/AHEP PTO Calendar." Please email us at email@example.com if you have issues accessing any of this information. Click HERE if you want to view our Events on our FACEBOOK PAGE. If you join selected events on Facebook, you'll see reminders through their application.
AHEP PTO has a resource library full of books available for you to explore and borrow. Please call Diele at (360) 941-2735 or contact AHEP PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to visit the library.
2017-2018 MEETING Schedule
You can attend these meetings virtually at http://go.mikogo.com, enter the Session ID, enter your name, and click "Join Session"
OR call 1-209-647-1300 and enter the Session ID when prompted. Email email@example.com if you would like to attend in person.
August 18, 2017
December 8, 2017, Friday at 4:15pm - Session ID: 605-796-883
March 16, 2018, Friday at 4:15pm - Session ID: 402-387-324
2018 YEAR END PICNIC!
June 22, Friday 5:30pm - Annual Picnic, this year at Boman's Bay in Deception Pass Park - BYO Picnic and join the fun! Come in the Bowman's Bay entrance of Deception Pass and meet us at the playground.
The following are links which may assist home-schooled students and families as they develop curriculum and resolve educational issues.
- DISCUSSION Forum IS NOW ONLINE! To share resources and information go to https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ahep-pto to join our group!
- VARSITY TUTORS free practice tests for SAT, ACT and much, much more!
- www.ParliamentTutors.com for Private, In-home tutoring
- Pro-Ed has many Assessment tools (psychological and educational) and workbooks available for purchase on their website
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Skagit County, Anacortes - AHEP PTO has formed a close partnership with the Boys & Girls Club now located in the basement at City Hall, Anacortes, WA and encourages parent parnters to visit their site to see what they offer.
- Resources from ASD103.org - This is a link to the "Resources for Families" page on the Anacortes School District website
- Diele Harrold - Diele continues to support local area home-schooled students as a volunteer teacher/tutor. Please contact her with any questions you may have. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls' Angle Magazine - published by MIT, targets a wide age-range, and works to bridge the gap between K-12 math education and college, in hopes to inspire girls to pursue math at increasingly higher levels
- Anacortes Now - Events & News for Anacortes. Check out the community events calendar for extra educational and family activities in and around our community.
2015-2016 Anacortes School District Homeschooling and Alternative Schooling Options
AHEP will again be active at Cap Sante High School for grades 8-12. Contact Cap Sante if you have questions about the coming year!
If you intend to homeschool your child in the City of Anacortes or to cross register them (take some classes at a district location and homeschool the rest) you need to fill out the "Declaration of Intent to Homeschool" form and mail it back to the District by September 15. A link to the form is below. I you have any questions, you can contact the administrative offices of the school district at (360)293-1200.
Need to take the Homeschool Parent Qualifying course? Skagit Valley Community College has a course which meets the WA requirements to become a home-based instructor for your children. Contact SVCC at 360-416-7638 or email@example.com for more information.
If you have any questions about the Anacortes Home Education Partnership PTO, ask us on our discussion forum at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/ahep-pto. Or, you can contact us at the following email address: